Helpful Tips On How To Mangage Your Eczema

Do you suffer from eczema?  I do. In fact, since early childhood.  Traditionally, the Western medical approach was and still is to prescribe topical steroids.  For years I went without consulting a Dermatologist because what was the point?!  The typical prescription for my type of eczema were topical steroids which only treated the symptoms and not the cause.

In early Spring 2011 I had a painful eczema crises that affected my hands and wrists which prevented me from working as a Massage Therapist.  It was so bad that it compelled me to get a steroid prescription!  But at the same time I started to explore holistic remedies that would treat my whole system and eventually the cause of my eczema. 

I first tried Homeopathy.  It worked to stop the frantic almost obsessive & violent scratching.  Some days it worked wonderfully and some days not so much.  I cannot explain how Homeopathy works because I still need to explore it and experience it more.  What I can say with certainty is Homeopathy has helped me in a much deeper way that I cannot even describe to you right now.  In the future, I will have a better insight into the whole Homeopathy process.

I also tried daily meditation techniques.  A mix of Vipassana Meditation and Transcendental Meditation (see previous post Eleven Is The Number of Revelation) in the way I currently understand them to be.  Twenty minutes in the morning and at night.  How has meditation helped me?   Well, more accurately how I hoped it would help me?  I hoped that by diligently meditating for 40 min per day, it would help me BE in a state of flow such as demonstrated by David Lynch in the post aforementioned.  To help me tune into higher vibratory states based on string theory or loop quantum gravity theory.  To help me tune into the matrices of The Source.  Whatever in the universe that means!  Still figuring it out, just scratching the surface, stay tuned.

However, what helped the most on improving my skin condition was a change in diet. I consulted with a Naturopath and he eliminated dairy, foods that promote acidity in my system [such as:  citrus fruits, tomatoes, ketchup, pork, beef, vinegar (except cider vinegar), pistachios, peanuts, cashews, strawberries, pineapple, alcohol, coffee, sweetened fruit juice, and black tea].  He added to my holistic treatment:  1daily tsp of Chlorophylle  (from alfalfa, liquid form, brand name Land Art), Black Radish Juice (from Super Diet) to help detox my liver, and he recommended  Calendula cream (Weleda makes an awesome baby cream) to keep my hands moist.  He also told me to avoid fried foods (even stir frys) and sugar (the sugar recommendation was the most challenging of them all).  I added some other products to the list:  Dr. Bronner's Magic Soaps (less toxic for the skin), Oneka Shampoo (for my itchy and dandruff proned scalp). 

Within 2 weeks of following my diet recommendations, I started to feel a good difference and at about 5 weeks my eczema was 80% cured.  On occasion I may still get some scratching fits (this is where the Homeopathy comes in). 

The healing process (whatever this means) continues.  Yesterday my Naturopath passed by my house for our second consultation and recommended a few new things.  Stay tuned.  In a couple of weeks I will come back to report.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Get-Away this Summer in the Laurentians at Chez Mina!

Spring Cleansing Your Way to Wellness - The Energetic Body - Part 2/3

The Energetic Body System - A Simple Explanation