Alternative and Complementary Medical Interventions to Help Manage Anxiety

Day 13/30 Day Blogging Challenge. Thirteen Movie Trailer, The-13-Principles - Basic Judaism, The Thirteen Original Colonies

Today my Tweet was about how Homeopathy has been wonderously helping me manage my my eczema and anxiety.  I wonder, if I a managed my anxiety will that clear up my eczema?  I've had this chronic condition, diagnosed as eczema, since childhood which comes and goes at different levels of intensity and affects mostly my wrists & hands.  But eczema of the skin is only a symptom of something affecting my immune system.  I wonder, if  I managed my anxiety would that help to strengthen my immune system? 

What is anxiety anyway?  Anxiety is a mood.  "Anxiety can cause feelings of fear, worry, uneasiness typically about an imminent event or something with an uncertain outcome".  Given this definition, which I got from Wikipedia, I would say yes I tend to manifest anxious moods but I don't think I suffer from an Anxiety Disorder.  Perhaps, if I would not have had "interventions" since my childhood then maybe I could have suffered from a Mental Health Disorder

What do I mean by interventions?  Unbeknownst to the benefits of exercise, competitive sports played a huge part in my childhood 'till about my mid-20s.  Then I seeked the guidance of a psychotherapist which led me to meditation, breathing, reframing, positive self-talk, self-analysis and yoga.  In my early 30's I was introduced to the world of holistic health and became a Massage Therapist and Energy Worker.  As a Massage Therapist I discovered the benefits of Massage Therapy, Reiki, Shiatsu, Deep Tissue, Cranial Sacral, and Reflexology to treat my body.  My most recent discoveries for self-help have been Homeopathy and Osteopathy.  

What will be my next discoveries?  TBA. 

        

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Get-Away this Summer in the Laurentians at Chez Mina!

Spring Cleansing Your Way to Wellness - The Energetic Body - Part 2/3

The Energetic Body System - A Simple Explanation