I AM WHO I AM

Day 10/30 Day Blogging Challenge. Decem. Latin translation for ten is decem (deh-sem).

I was in such a stupor last night (this Sunday morning) as I wrote my ninth post.  It was so late and I was falling asleep as I was writing it.  It took me so long to post it.  In fact, I cannot believe I did not mention anything about the U2 Concert at the Hippodrome, Montreal!  It will be a night I will never forget. 

It was warm. A bit on the humid side and I could hear the concert from 7.5 km away! There was a certain nostalgia and I could hear a voice say, "I wish I could have gone" (unsaid, "but right now things are tight...and I cannot possible justify this expense").  I want to give more details here but something is stopping me.

What are you afraid of?  Say it, write it.  What is stopping you from being an open book?  Remember all those yoga stretches you have learned and that you regularly practice? You are doing them to help you open up.  Especially the Heart/Small Intestine Makko-Ho Meridian Stretch.  The prying open of the bottoms (plantar side) of your feet towards the sky symbolizes the effort it takes to be an open book.  It takes a lot of effort to be transparent.  

Heart/Small Intestine Makk-Ho Meridian Stretch
 I have always remarked how the great artists who have lived and are still living are great because they pour their guts into their art.  It's right there in their poem, painting, novel, song, performance, dance, lyrics, voice, costume, character, movie, drawing, speech, composition...

I consider Kate Bush one of my favorite artists.  In this very rare interview footage, Kate so eloquently, starting at 0:55, sums up what I wish I could be/do/have,  "I am who I am...I really like the idea of my work speaking for me not me speaking for me...."

  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Get-Away this Summer in the Laurentians at Chez Mina!

Spring Cleansing Your Way to Wellness - The Energetic Body - Part 2/3

The Energetic Body System - A Simple Explanation