Slowing Down the Pace of Life

Day 16/30 Day Blogging Challenge.
Today is Sat. July 16, 2011.  How beautiful that each new day of the month matches my 30 Day Challenge.  I just noticed that fact today.  Must be the fresh pond water I swam in this afternoon or the fresh Eastern Township air I am breathing that’s helping my brain be more perceptive.  
City living can be toxic to your health.  The air pollution, the noise pollution, the fast paced North American lifestyle and work ethic based on achieving and succeeding can take a toll on our bodies. 
I am listening to an audio CD called Left Neglected (sorry can’t link it because there is no connectivity in this quaint country house I am renting for the weekend).  Left Neglected is a novel about Sarah, a North American High Achieving Executive Wife-Mother Archetype who luckily survives a car accident and sustains a severe brain injury.  The brain injury is called Left Neglect which means that the right side of her body & surroundings are non-existent, neurologically speaking, which obliges her to be dependent on caregivers.  I have not finished listening to the whole audio but I personally know Sarah Archetypes and don’t know how these ladies do it.  I find it hard to keep up and I have no children! 
This past Winter season I had two health crises and although it was one of the busiest seasons for me ever, I did not come close to Sarah Archetypes, not even a quarter, and I had to  s  l  o  w     d  o  w  n.  My body rebelled on two occasions so I had no choice but to slow down.  Me, bachelorette, slow down.  I own a small business; I don’t run a corporation!  Slow down!?  Can you hear me laugh?   Maybe I'm just wired to live as a Monk in a Monastery.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Get-Away this Summer in the Laurentians at Chez Mina!

Spring Cleansing Your Way to Wellness - The Energetic Body - Part 2/3

The Energetic Body System - A Simple Explanation