Juventud Tesoro Divino

Day 8/30 Day Blogging Challenge. Acht pronounced ah-kt (pronounce it just how it looks with a short 'a' sound (click here for more German number pronunciations).

This is the first posting I am writing during the day.  I was sitting on my large back porch on a gorgeous but just gorgeous Summer day in Montreal and I was enjoying an early lunch which consisted of a bowl of spaghetti with homemade pesto paste (my sister made a batch for me so it's a bit on the salty side but sooooo good) topped with freshly grated  parmigiano-reggiano.  The only thing that was missing was a glass of chilled white wine. 

Too early in the day for an alcoholic beverage (for my liver).  I like to limit myself to 1 alcoholic drink per day otherwise I will start falling asleep!  Seriously, when I was younger (in my 20s) my liver could detox the alcohol much faster. Like Grandpa used to say in Spanish, "Juventud tesoro divino", which literally translates into, "Youth treasure divine" so in English it will probably translate into something like, "Youth is a divine treasure".  Yes my youthful liver is a divine treasure and I shant abuse it.

Boy, I can sure babble!  (This just reminded me about Charlotte an International Student from Sweden who I met at Concordia U. in the early 90's.  Charlotte was intrigued by the expression "Boy" which I did not know how to explain and "Google it" was not part of lexicon in those days).

Like I was saying, I was sitting on my porch and enoying the beautiful day and delicious food and I just thought, "What a perfect day.  I am so lucky.  How can it get any better than this and waaaat else is possible?!"  Then I thought about Deepak Chopra's Tweet today:  "Embrace the unpredictable & unexpected. It is the path to the infinitely creative in you."  I must admit, I get cranky when things don't go as planned but I've had to embrace unpredictability.  Not by choice.  I've had to surrender to the ebb and flow of Life otherwise the alternative looks bleak; a life full of anxiety, frustration and probably disease.

I recently finished reading Meagan Holub's book How to make a $100,00 per year as a Massage Therapist, and she simplified my industry for me; it's last minute cancellations and last minute bookings. Daaaassit. Just this week I booked 5 last-minute "emergency" massages.  No cancellations, thank G-D but Cancellations, Cancel, Last Minute-Cancellations, Rebook, Reschedule is part of the Massage Therapist's lexicon.  Get used to it.  There is one thing I will recommend to my fellow MT's.  You need a written cancellation policy in your brochures or website and you need to remind your client's (at least new clients) about your policy when booking that you will charge a fee (full session or 1/2 a session) for cancelling in less than 24 hours for a 1-1.5 hour massage and 48 hours for a Couple's Massage, Four-Hand Massage or 2 hour Massage.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Get-Away this Summer in the Laurentians at Chez Mina!

Spring Cleansing Your Way to Wellness - The Energetic Body - Part 2/3

The Energetic Body System - A Simple Explanation