Gigi Cohen from Harvard Cafe

Day 21/30 Day Blogging Challenge.

I am so full.  My belly feels like when I used to eat every morsel off my plate when I was a child.  We were encouraged to eat every bit off our plates till we busted.  My Mom still has the habit of eating everything off her plate because she dislikes throwing food in the garbage.  She feels guilty throwing food away because, "there are so many people dying of starvation in Third World countries."  Of course there are other factors that contribute to her plumpness such as age and sedentary lifestyle!

Usually I am pretty good.  I eat until I am almost full then I stop.  However, today I attended a cooking class with Gigi Cohen from Harvard Cafe in Monkland Village and the food was scrumptious.  I devoured each morsel and if I was not in mixed company I would have licked the plate too!!!  The curries, the perfectly ripened curried mangoes, the coconut rice with roasted almonds, the tempheh casserole, the chickpea kale salad, the fresh organic veggies, the seasonings, the herbs...After tasting the first spoonful of Coconut Rice I proposed to Gigi. She accepted. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Get-Away this Summer in the Laurentians at Chez Mina!

Spring Cleansing Your Way to Wellness - The Energetic Body - Part 2/3

The Energetic Body System - A Simple Explanation